Friday 14 February 2014

DIY Glitter Wooden Letter


Hello, since I'm obsessed with glitter lately, I will start my post with glitter stuff. And also, I'm not good in writing, so you will read a straight forward tutorial from me. Simple. Let's go!


First, gather the materials.

Material:
  • Mod Podge
  • Wooden alphabet
  • Craft paint (since i'm choosing gold glitter, so I used gold color for the base)
  • Glitter dust
  • Brush/Sponge brush 

Paint your wooden alphabet. I just paint one layer since this is only a base.

Let them dry.

Apply one layer of mod podge for glitter to stick.
Usually I'm being generous applying this as I want the glitter to stick really well and cover all area.

Pour the magic dust. 
Use cupcake liners as it is convenient for you to put the leftover back into the container.

Gently tap off the excess glitter.
Let it dries out.

Once dries, apply thin layer of mod podge on top of the glitter area.
This works as a sealer.
Don't worry, mod podge become translucent once it dries.

Let them dry again and make the layer to become translucent.
You can use hair dryer to save time.
It may takes some times, for me, I will let them dry overnight.

Done!

If you want to make a photo props or cake topper, just glue a dowel rod behind the letter.



Happy crafting!
Nard Aziz

No comments:

Post a Comment