Tuesday 4 March 2014

DIY Felt Food : Salad Leaf


I remembered that I've started my felt food addiction with really really simple food to make. It was a salad leaf, or green leaf to be specific. Easy and simple, you can make it in no time. 



Materials:
  • Green felt
  • Template (you can draw on your own, or right click on my template and print on artcard)
  • Embroidery thread (I think so, but that kind of thread :P)
  • Sewing thread
  • Needle
  • Scissor
  • Sewing machine (you can use hand sew method)

Cut your felt using the template, then hand draw the leaf veins.

Sew the veins using darker color thread.

You're done!
But if you want it to look nice and tidy, prepare your embroidery thread.

Sew blanket stitch around the leaf.
Here is video tutorial how to sew blanket stitch.

Done!



Happy crafting!
Nard Aziz

No comments:

Post a Comment