Tuesday 8 March 2016

DIY Bath Salt


Make your own bath salts in a minute!


Bath salts carry many benefits beyond looking beautiful and smelling great – the benefits of bath salts are far-reaching, and after using bath salts you’ll feel the difference in your skin, your mood, and more. Source and Read more here

First, gather your materials:


  • Container/jar
  • 1 cup Epsom salt (I bought mine at pharmacy)
  • 1 cup Sea salt (any type, here from grocery store)
  • Food coloring
  • Essential oil (I choose lavender)
  • Measuring cup
Some recipes call adding a baking soda, but I dont't have in stock (forget to buy), so I just skip it. 

This is optional, but I want my salt texture to be a little smooth, just like sand, so it will be easy to dissolve in water. Add 1 cup epsom salt, 1 cup sea salts & 1-2 drops of food coloring and crushed it using food processor, This will also help mix everything together. Since the ingredients are food based, so it's not a problem. Just don't add the oil yet.

Transfer the salt mixture to plastic container. 
(I prefer unused and disposable container since you might want to get rid of it after mixing with the oil)

Add 4-5 drops of oil into the mixture. Add more depends on the mixture quantity


Done!

Happy DIY!
Nard Aziz

No comments:

Post a Comment